- AM & PM Hot-Air Balloon Competition is scheduled to start, weather permitting, on Thursday, July 2, 2015. There will be a practice flight during the evening of the 1st but NO MORNING LAUNCH that morning
- All events/activities are subject to change & WEATHER PERMITTING
- Absolutely NO RAIN CHECKS
- On-Site RV Camping is available. Advance registration is requested and recommended
- Bus Groups are welcome
- Kids 3ft and under are FREE EVERY DAY
- HANDICAP PARKING & FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE - Ask a parking volunteer
- SMALL CANOPY TENTS ALLOWED on event grounds in Designated Areas. Please pay attention to signage indicating designated area. You may be asked to move if you are not behind the line
- Coolers ARE allowed
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS WHATSOEVER
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES can be brought in, but can be purchased on-site with proper ID
- NO Firearms Permitted
- NO Sparklers or Fireworks Permitted
- NO Pets allowed on event grounds
- NO tents, chairs, blankets, etc. are allowed in GENERAL PARKING AREAS
- No loitering in the parking area to view the show. Security will ask you to pay gate admittance.
- NO Grills are permitted on event grounds except in the RV Camping Area - Rules will apply
- NO bicycles, mopeds, golf carts, etc. are allowed on event grounds except if STATE APPROVED HANDICAP UNITS
- NO overnight stays except in the RV Camping Area
- Daily Admission and Parking Fees will apply. Admission Wristbands and Parking Passes are good ALL DAY.
- NO REFUNDS OR RAIN-CHECKS
- NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS
- Event Grounds Map to come soon
Upon entrance to the Parking Lots located off HELMER ROAD, simply show your handicapped parking permit. The Parking Committee will direct you to the designated parking area. Our tentative plans will be to park all handicapped vehicles at the north end of the main lot next to taxiway Alpha. This will make it very convenient for our Shuttle Service to pick you up and return you to your vehicle.
However, should anyone need any assistance or walking is a burden, simply let the Parking Committee know that you will need our "FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE," and they will call the Shuttle Service Committee for you.
When you are ready to return to your vehicle, simply go to one of the Beverage Tents, back to the Main Entrance or flag down any volunteer on a golf cart and they will call the Shuttle Service .
There will also be wheelchair accessible port-a-jons on the event grounds.
The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival takes place at the W. K. Kellogg Airport in Battle Creek, Michigan!
** NOTE: Please remember, Helmer Road is the most traveled road to the event grounds or W.K. Kellogg Airport. Please arrive early and be prepared for traffic back-ups. There will also be alternate routes along Helmer Road that will take you to the Airport/Event Grounds much faster! Please follow all signs and posted rules. Have your cash & printed coupons ready to pay at the gate to avoid delays. Please be courteous to other drivers, pedestrians and parking volunteers.
From I-94 – Take Exit 95 which is Helmer Road. You will go North on Helmer Road and this will take you to the main parking lot for the event. It will also take you to the RV Parking Lot.
You can also take the Helmer Road Exit and follow the “Detour Balloon Event” signs. This will take you to Stone Jug Road which will dead end into Columbia Avenue. You will turn left or west and at the next traffic light (R & L Trucking will be on the south side) you will turn North (right) on South Airport Road (passing Duncan Aviation) and follow it until it comes to a dead end which you will see Parking Lot #6.
Take I-94 to the Downtown Battle Creek Exit – M-66, Exit 98B. The very next Exit is Columbia Avenue – Exit 2. At the top of the ramp (traffic light) turn left which is West. At the sixth traffic light (Meijer will be on your left or South side) proceed through that light and the next light will be South Airport Road; turn right or North and this will take you directly to Gate #6.
Take the same directions above but proceed to Exit 3 which is Dickman Road. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left. You will pass several Car Dealerships on the Magnificent Motor Mile. Stay on Dickman Road until you come to the Airport or Helmer Road. Turn left (South) on to Helmer Road.
PLEASE NOTE: NO SEMI TRUCKS ARE PERMITTED ON HELMER ROAD!
Skyline Drive Exit 92 to Springfield will be CLOSED for CONSTRUCTION during the festival. Please follow the DETOUR signs or from I-94 take Exit 95 Helmer Road or Exit 98B M-66 as indicated above.
Please tune in to FM WIN 98.5 for traffic & weather updates. LIKE our Facebook Page to get up-to-the-minute information about balloon launches and other event information. Battle Creek Field of Flight Office 269-962-0592.
FUNDRAISER AVAILABLE FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
The Parking Committee is now seeking non-profit groups that would like to earn money for their organizations and have FUN!
If your non-profit organization is interested in this fundraising opportunity, please print the details and submit the Parking Commitment Form and 2015 Parking Schedule to the Field of Flight office or call 269-962-0592.
Things to Know
- Wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen and hats
- Bring lawn chairs for breaks
- No children under 14 years of age
- All children 14 - 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Children 18 and older will count in your total
- Bring Coolers for beverages
- Water will be provided
- We provide safety vests and flashlights
**NOTE: All activities are WEATHER PERMITTING. NO RAIN CHECKS OR REFUNDS on any purchases (advance sales, admission, parking, RV fees, Carnival tickets or wristbands etc...). Gates will be open Rain or Shine and we'll always have something going on unless really serious weather approaches.**
Daily Parking Fees are assessed for the event. Parking will be charged (CASH ONLY) before entering the event gate & parking area. Please have your cash ready to avoid delays. After payment to one of our parking volunteers, you will receive your parking pass which you must display inside of your vehicle. From there, you will be directed to your parking spot.
Your parking pass will be good all day. You can feel free to come and go as you want. Your parking space will not be saved. Just make sure you retain your admission wristbands and parking pass to be able to get back into the parking area and event grounds without re-purchasing. We cannot guarantee the same parking spot or location for you to sit on the event grounds. Handicapped Parking and Shuttle Service is available.
2015 Daily Parking Fees (parking fees are not assessed by number of people but by vehicle):
Wednesday, July 1st: $5 per vehicle car load
Thursday, July 2nd: $5 per vehicle car load
Friday, July 3rd: $5 per vehicle car load
Saturday, July 4th: $5 per vehicle car load
Sunday, July 5th: $5 per vehicle car load
GATE ADMISSION FEES:
Daily Gate Admission Fees are assessed for the event as well. Admission (CASH ONLY) will be charged at one of the many walk-through entrance gates into the event grounds. Please have your cash (and coupons if you have any) ready to avoid delays. After payment, you will receive an admission wristband. This is proof that you paid if you were to leave and return to the event later. Once inside, you can go do whatever you please. We strive to keep prices as low as we can and we try to offer deals as much as we can.
For this reason, please check out our $2 off printable coupon special we have going on for July 3rd & 4th. Coupons must be printed. Cellular phone coupons will not be accepted.
- Children 3 feet and under will get in FREE All Day and Every Day.
- For July 3rd & 4th this year, we will be offering advanced printable coupons where you can save a few bucks off the gate price.
- PRINT YOU $2 OFF COUPONS NOW!
2015 Admission Prices at the Gate:
**PLEASE NOTE: Children 3 feet and under get in FREE EVERY DAY**
Wednesday, July 1: FREE ADMISSION
Thursday, July 2: $5 Admission per person
Friday, July 3: $10 per person; $8 per person if COUPON PRINTED IN ADVANCE
Saturday, July 4: $10 per person; $8 per person if COUPON PRINTED IN ADVANCE
Sunday, July 5: $5 per person
Come visit the Skerbeck Carnival again this July at the Battle Creek Field of Flight. We are excited to have them return for the second time! They were a huge success at last year’s Field of Flight and they are one of the BEST carnivals on the circuit today. They offer rides for everyone at great values. Skerbeck Carnival (which will operating all 5 days this year - July 1st-5th).
2015 ADVANCED SKERBECK CARNIVAL ARM BAND SALES:
- Field of Flight MEGA BAND: $75.00 - ALL WEEK!
Only 200 will be sold
Good for All-Day Unlimited Rides
Sales end at 12 Noon on July 1st
Deal not available at Ticket Booths
- Single Day Carnival Arm Bands: $22.00
Good for All-Day Unlimited Rides for a SINGLE DAY
Sales end at 12 Noon on July 1st
Deal Not Available at Ticket Booths
ON-SITE SKERBECK CARNIVAL TICKET BOX PRICES:
- Individual Ride Tickets (at carnival during day of operation): $1 per ticket (each ride requires 2-5 tickets)
- Sheet of 50 tickets (each ride requiring 2-5 tickets): $40
- Single-Day Unlimited Ride Armbands (valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase):
Wednesday, July 1: $25
Thursday, July 2: $25
Friday, July 3: $30
Saturday, July 4: $30
Sunday, July 5: $30
For more information on Skerbeck Carnival
Stay where you have fun! We offer a camping area for Self-Contained Units (No tents) on the airport grounds. RV Camping applications are available NOW, so make sure you reserve your spot today and STAY WHERE YOU PLAY. Wake up in the morning and head directly to the gates for a day of fun!
2015 RV Overnight Camping Rates:
Wednesday, July 1: $25.00
Thursday, July 2: $25.00
Friday, July 3: $30.00
Saturday, July 4: $30.00
Sunday, July 5: $30.00
(TOTAL for entire week if you stay all week: $140.00)
RESERVATIONS WILL BE TAKEN FOR OVERNIGHT STAYS ONLY UNTIL JUNE 15, 2014. GET YOUR RESERVATIONS IN TODAY! NO REFUNDS AFTER JUNE 15, 2015. Visit our RV & Lodging Menu on our website today for more information about RV CAMPING.
**Daily Admission Rates for RV Campers will apply. These rates are the same as our admission rates above.
Parking Fundraiser for your Non-Profit Group
Directions from Interstate 94 to our Parking Area