The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival takes place at the W. K. Kellogg Airport, Battle Creek, Michigan!
From I-94 – Take Exit 92 which is the Springfield/Skyline Drive Exit.
This exit will put you on Skyline Drive. You will go North on Skyline Drive approximately a mile; the Road will “Y” and you will stay to the right which is now Columbia Avenue; at the next traffic light (R & L Trucking and Atlas Sales/Budweiser will be on the south side) you will turn North on South Airport Road (passing Duncan Aviation) and follow it until it comes to a dead end which will be Parking Lot #6.
Take I-94 to Exit 98B, which is the Downtown Battle Creek / M-66 Exit.
The very next Exit is Columbia Avenue – Exit 2. At the top of the ramp (traffic light) turn left which is West. You will stay on this through several traffic lights. At the sixth traffic light (Meijer will be on your left or South side) that is Helmer Road and you will turn right or North. This will take you to the Parking Lot.
Take I-94 to Exit 92 which is the Helmer Road Exit.
At the top of the ramp, turn right which is North. This will take you directly to the W.K. Kellogg Airport. Please remember, Helmer Road is the most traveled road to the event grounds or W.K. Kellogg Airport. Please be prepared for traffic back-ups. PLEASE NOTE: NO SEMI TRUCKS ARE PERMITTED ON HELMER ROAD!
LIKE our Facebook Page to get up-to-the-minute information about balloon launch and other information. Please tune in to FM WIN 98.5 for traffic & weather updates. Battle Creek Field of Flight Office 269-962-0592.
Upon entrance to the Parking Lots located off HELMER ROAD, simply show your handicapped parking permit. The Parking Committee will direct you to the designated parking area.
Also, if you will need any assistance or walking is a burden for you, simply let the Parking Committee know that you will need our “FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE,” and they will call the Shuttle Service Committee for you.
When you need to return to your vehicle, just ask a volunteer with a radio to call the Shuttle Service Committee to take you back to your vehicle.
There will also be wheelchair accessible port-a-jons on the event grounds.
- AM & PM Hot-Air Balloon Competition is scheduled to start, weather permitting, on Thursday, July 4, 2013. There will be a practice flight during the evening of the 3rd but NO MORNING LAUNCH that morning
- All events/activities are subject to change & WEATHER PERMITTING
- Absolutely NO RAIN CHECKS
- On-Site RV Camping is available
- Bus Groups are welcome
- Kids 4ft and under are FREE EVERY DAY
- HANDICAP PARKING & FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE - Ask a parking volunteer
- SMALL CANOPY TENTS ALLOWED on event grounds in Designated Areas
- Admission wristbands & parking passes are GOOD ALL DAY - See Schedule for pricing
- Coolers ARE allowed
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS WHATSOEVER
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES can be brought in, but can be purchased on-site with proper ID
- No Firearms Permitted
- No Sparklers or Fireworks Permitted
- No Pets allowed on event grounds
- No tents, chairs, blankets, etc. are allowed in GENERAL PARKING AREAS
- No Grills are permitted on event grounds except in the RV Camping Area - Rules will apply
- No bicycles, mopeds, golf carts, etc. are allowed on event grounds except if STATE APPROVED HANDICAP UNITS
- No overnight stays except in the RV Camping Area
- Admission and Parking Fees will apply - See Schedule for details
- NO REFUNDS OR RAIN-CHECKS
- NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS
- See the Grounds Map (PDF)
FUNDRAISER AVAILABLE FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
The Parking Committee is now seeking non-profit groups that would like to earn money for their organizations and have FUN!
Things to Know
- Wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen and hats
- Bring lawn chairs for breaks
- No children under 14 years of age
- All children 14 - 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Children 18 and older will count in your total
- Bring Coolers for beverages
- Water will be provided
- We provide safety vests and flashlights
TO: Non Profit Groups looking for a great FUNDRAISER
FROM: Barbara A. Haluszka, Executive Director; Barb & John Hurdis, Co-Chairs; Linda & Randy Coburn, Co-Chairs
The plans for this summer’s Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival July 3 – 7, 2013 are strongly underway and we invite you to be a part of the fun and raise money for your non-profit organization!
We will kick off this year’s event with “Community Day.” Special activities are planned and it is only $10.00 per carload (maximum 10 people per car) with FREE gate admission (foot traffic will pay $5.00 per person). Spectators will also be able to go directly out on the launch field during the Hot-Air Balloon inflation and practice launch!
We are truly excited with all the activities surrounding this summer’s event! We have 50 Hot-Air Balloons; top-civilian air show performers including, National Champion Rob Holland; Otto the famous Helicopter; Flash Fire Jet Truck; Aerostars; Wing walkers and this is just to mention a few!
We have excellent Food Vendors, Arts & Crafts Vendors, Novelty Vendors including the Great Lakes Timber Group that will carve items right out of a block of tree using a chain saw! Center Stage Entertainment featuring a Matt Giraud – American Idol participant; Urban Legend, Kris Hitchcock; North Country Flyers and you won’t want to miss Midnight Special playing the best in “Rock & Roll.” This is just the beginning of all the great entertainment we have in store for this great five (5) day event! Enclosed is the Tentative Schedule of Events and I’m sure you will agree, we have activities for everyone.
Wait…….News Flash………we just confirmed the Michigan Mile! This is a new event to the state and certainly new to us! 25-30 custom cars will race for the best times! This will happen as part of our Air Show and it is sure to draw the dedicated race car fans!
Enclosed are the 2013 Commitment Form and the Tentative Parking Schedule Worksheet. Please remember, the more hours you work the more $$$$$$ you will receive. All groups working will share up to 20% of the total parking revenues. Please remember, we have a formula to calculate the number of people times the number of hours which is how your portion of the percentage is figured. So, please just complete the Commitment Form and fax it to the Balloon Office at 269-962-8687 or feel free to email one or both of the Parking Co-Chairs, as soon as possible to secure your group’s participation.
Once we have all the Commitment Forms, we will schedule a meeting with all groups in May to answer all questions and to go over our plans for traffic flow. However, in the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to call the Balloon Office at 269-962-0592 or Contact Us.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!